Hive Beetle Trap Bait Lure is used to attract hive beetles into traps that are located inside bee hives.
A trap that can be used to utilize the bait is the Beetle Jail traps which have an inner bait compartment. Outer sections of the trap are filled with beetle trap oil or Diatomaceous Earth and the center compartment is filled with bait lure. When beetles enter the trap, attracted by the bait lure, they are exposed to the oil or diatoms and are trapped.
Hive Beetle Trap Bait Lure Features:
- Designed to attract Hive Beetles (Aethina Tumida)
- Small pellet form is easy to handle
- Long lasting attractant
- Apply once hive beetles are noticed in the hive – applying too early will decrease effectiveness
- Container has enough bait for approximately 25 traps – only a small amount is needed per trap
- Beetle Jail traps sold separately