Ultimate In-Hive Feeder is a one-gallon in-hive bee feeder has an automatic valve that prevents spillage and is translucent to allow you to check syrup levels. The feeding area has many small channels to allow many bees to feed without drowning. It can be placed directly on the frames or on top of the inner cover. A medium super is placed around it to protect from robbing and hold the telescoping cover. This feeder can be used in both 8 and 10 frame hives. In-Hive Feeder made from recycled materials and easy to clean.
Also, see the Ultimate 3-Season Direct Feeder (pictured below) for an alternate option.
Making Sugar Syrup for Ultimate In-Hive Feeder
- For Spring feeding make a 1:1 syrup using 1 pound water (2 cups) to 1 pound sugar.
- For fall feeding make a 2:1 syrup using 2 pounds sugar per pound of water.
- Water must be very hot to dissolve sugar.
- We do not feed sugar syrup during cold weather when bees are not able to take cleansing flights.
- Some beekeepers recommend putting Honey Bee Healthy to reduce mold and encourage uptake, but always remember to remove feeders with moldy syrup and clean them well before reapplying the feeder and feed.
Hint: For more capacity, 2 x Ultimate In-Hive Feeder will fit on one hive
Made in the USA from recycled materials by Bee Smart Designs.