Varroa Easy Check CO2 Injection uses CO2 which renders the mites and bees unconscious from exposure to carbon dioxide gas. The sample of anesthetized bees is then gently shaken in the EasyCheck, causing the mites to fall from the bees. The mite count is performed just like in the other methods by counting the sleeping mites in the bottom compartment of the varroa easy check canister.
CO2 Mite Check Injector Advantages:
- CO2 Injector is easy to assemble and use
- Fast process to sample the bees
- Keeps the sample of bees alive
- Uses standard CO2 cylinders
- Research conducted in Europe indicated results similar in accuracy to an alcohol wash
See the Veto- Pharma video on CO2 injection here – Varroa EasyCheck C02 Injection Video