Mason Bee Cocoons (Osmia Lignaria) are for shipments East of the Rocky Mountains.
- Store bees in a cool place that will stay below 50F
- Set bees out in attic of mason bee chalet house as soon as spring weather has started and the first plant blooms appear (typically March 1).
- One pack of 20 Eastern Mason Bees will pollinate about 2-3 orchard trees or early blooming crops.
- Includes Loose Cell Mason Bee cocoons in introduction cardboard box.
- Optional humidity box available.
Several size packs of cocoons are available. You typically should have around a 1:1 cocoon to nesting reed / nesting block hole ratio or less. Example a 50 pack of cocoons would be appropriate for a 48 hole nesting block. You could go with a smaller cocoon quantity but the bees may not fill all the nesting spots by the end of their season.