Lyson Optima 4 frame extractor with legs is a beginner friendly honey extractor that features a side mounted handle providing greater comfort than other hand crank extractors without sacrificing efficiency. Made of a durable build, this Lyson Optima 4 frame extractor can last for many seasons and works best for beekeepers with a few hives.
A unique cast steel worm gear drive allows the basket to freewheel without the handle spinning. A brake is applied by gentle backwards pressure on the crank (similar to a cruiser bicycle). Lyson W2019N.
- Drum with basket
- Clear acrylic cover
- Steel legs
Notes on Materials and Use:
- The drum with basket is constructed of polished 25 gauge stainless steel
- A rectangular stainless steel wire basket holds two or four frames
- Honey is poured through a 1-1/4″ stainless gate valve with O-ring seal
- 16″ Diameter; 29″ Tall (without legs)
- This extractor can hold 2 deep Langstroth frames (9-1/8″), 4 medium Langstroth frames (6- 1/4″), or 4 shallow Langstroth frames (5-3/8″).
Includes a 24 month warranty
Includes a 24 month warranty. See Lyson website for additional details.
This extractor can be motorized with the Lyson add-on motor kit.