Foulbrood Test Kits are diagnostic test kits enable beekeepers and bee inspectors to test for American foulbrood or European foulbrood in honey bee larvae and to obtain the results immediately and easily in the apiary. They have been validated by the National Bee Unit of the Food and Environment Research Agency (FERA), York and at other institutes internationally.
Each single use, disposable foul brood test kit is easy to use with results ready in 1 – 3 minutes. The kits perform as well as standard laboratory tests.
Available for testing for foulbrood in bees =
- AFB – American Foulbrood Test Kit
- EFB – European Foulbrood Test Kit
Storage and Handling:
- Test kits can be used only once and are disposable.
- The foil pack should be kept unopened and stored at room temperature (c18-25°C) until required.
- The devices must be kept dry at all times.
- Once the foil pack is opened the shelf life of the devices is not guaranteed, so it should be used as soon as possible after opening.
- The window of the test device should not be touched.
- If the device appears damaged, scratched, or marked in any way please contact us.
- Read all foulbrood in bees testing instructions before using the test kits.
- CAUTION: This kit contains sodium azide in the extraction buffer, which is toxic. Handle carefully and avoid ingestion and contact with the skin. Sodium azide may form explosive copper or lead azides in plumbing systems. Always dispose of material containing azide by flushing copiously with water.
Note: If you are ordering test kits in advance, please contact us to determine the manufacture / expiration date of our current inventory.