Apivar Mite Treatment Strips – North American Beekeepers Now Have an Effective Amitraz Based Weapon Against Varroa Mites!
Apivar Mite Treatment Strips Benefits:
- Kills up to 99% of mites in one application
- Continuously released in the colony over a six-week period, ensuring healthy and productive hives
- Proven safe and effective for more than 15 years
- Leaves no significant residues in hive products*
- Convenient and easy to use
- Works over a wide range of temperatures as long as the bees are in contact with the strips
*Honey for human consumption should be removed before applying Apivar.
Apivar Dramatically Cuts Mite Population
A study conducted by the research arm of the USDA in the spring of 2012 shows that Apivar® treatments was responsible for a 52 – fold drop in mite population compared to an untreated hive. This demonstrates the effectiveness of the controlled – release technology.
Save Time and Effort
Apivar® is packaged in vacuum-sealed foil pouches. A single application of two strips per brood chamber is sufficient to treat a hive, so you spend less time and effort treating your bees, and there is less disruption of the bees than with many other treatments. Strips are not individually wrapped and must be used within 2 weeks after opening.
Apivar strips consist of only two components:
- Amitraz, an acaricide, is the active ingredient in Apivar strips.
- This active ingredient is delivered to the honey bees via the polymer strip, which is specially designed to constantly deliver the active ingredient via the surface of the strip after it is placed in the hive.
- Apivar works by contact: the active ingredient is delivered continuously over time. As bees walk on the strip’s surface they pick up molecules of the active ingredient and then distribute them throughout the colony.
Apivar has been subject to a variety of stringent regulatory studies and evaluations and its high effectiveness was proven by various scientific trials in different countries.
Note: If you are ordering medication in advance, please contact us to determine the expiration date of our current inventory.
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Amitraz, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov