Swarm catch sack to retrieve swarms from tree branches or other out-of-reach locations. The cloth sack is supported by an approx 16-inch diameter steel ring that mounts on a pole (optional / not included) such as a broom handle or telescoping extension pole.
Once the swarm has been captured into the catch sack you can pull on the string from the ground to close the hinged lid of the sack. You can then bring the trapped bees down to ground level. To empty the bees, untie the closure at the bottom of the sack to dump the bees into a hive.
- Weight: 2 lb
- Diameter: approx. 16 inches
- Length of swarm catch sack: 30 inches
- Diameter of receiver for pole socket: 7/8inch, non-threaded (optional pole not included)
Optional extension pole not included – select it from the drop down menu.
Optional telescoping pole extends from 7 ft. to 24 ft., approx. 30 ft. reach when fully extended (accounting for average height person – adjust reach accordingly). Consists of 4 aluminum sections with flip lock tabs to lock the extension sections in place. Not for heavy lifting and designed for light duty use – perfect for swarm retrieval from tree branches.
- Pole weighs approx. 4 pounds.
- Extends from 7 ft. to 24 ft.
- Exact pole style / color many vary from photos.