Lyson Minima 4 Frame Honey Extractor: This durable extractor can hold 2 deep, 4 medium, or 4 shallow frames. Unlike other hand crank extractors, the handle is side-mounted for more comfortable cranking. Includes drum with basket, clear acrylic cover, and high quality plastic honey gate. Tangential style honey extractor. Does not include legs. .
Features Lyson W233B:
- Durable drum with basket
- Clear acrylic cover: Watch the whole process!
- High-quality plastic honey gate
- Side-mounted crank
- Lyson Minima 4 frame honey extractor holds 2 deep, 4 medium or 4 shallow frames
- Tangential extractor (Not sure what that means? Read down below!)
- Does not contain legs and legs are unable to be added
- Includes a 24-month warranty
- 16″ D x 29″ H
Radial vs Tangential Extractor What is the Difference?
- Frames are parallel with the center of the basket. Only the comb facing outward is extracted.
- Frames must be flipped multiple times to extract both sides and to prevent blowouts where the comb breaks due to the weight of the honey.
- Better for thicker honey as it’s easier for honey to move perpendicular, than to move at a slight angle like that of the radial extractor.
- Frames face the center at a slight angle so comb on both sides can be extracted.
- Frames don’t need to be flipped.
See Lyson website for additional details.
This extractor can be motorized with the Lyson add-on motor kit.