Hive Butler Uncapping Tank is the original — food-grade, BPA-free, heavy-duty, made in the USA. Holds up to 10 Langstroth frames, any size, securely. Comes with a solid lid. The solid lid is designed to allow secure stacking. Double clasps on each of the four handles keep everything safe and clean!
HiveButler Uncapping Tank setup includes two Hive Butler totes, modified to serve as an uncapping tank setup with a 1.5” honey gate and food-grade sieve (also US-made). Food-grade, heavy duty, able to hold up to 10 Langstroth frames securely until you are ready to move to the extractor. A solid lid is also included, in case you need to take a break, or tote the mess home.
The Hive Butler Uncapping Tank Features:
- The Hive Butler is made of Food-grade, BPA-free High Density PolyEthylene.
- USA made product, manufactured in Ohio.
- Designed to accommodate all 3 sizes of LANGSTROTH frames. It will also hold the Dadant Jumbo Frame, although the frame does touch the bottom of the tote, the lid will fit correctly. Hive Butler does NOT HOLD LAYENS FRAMES.
- You can clean your Hive Butler tank with regular Dawn dish detergent is fine. Nothing caustic like bleach.
- Includes the SOLID lid – vented lid available separately
- For honey harvest, honey storage and off season frame storage.
- You use it during honey harvest to keep the bees from following the scent of honey.
- Using the solid lid for off season frame storage keeps the moths out.
- The vented lid is used whenever live bees are inside of the tote.