Hive Alive Fondant Patty is put on top of the colony, either under or over the inner cover, so no feeders are needed. It can be used as an autumn feed but is mainly used to top up and feed over winter, when it is too cold to feed syrup, or in late winter when bees are running out of stores. Because it is placed directly over the cluster, the bees do not have to leave the cluster to access food, minimizing the chance of starvation. Fondant is easy to handle and store and doesn’t cause robbing like syrup can.
Why Choose Hive Alive Fondant?
The HiveAlive Fondant Patty is a premium product sold in 1kg/2.2lbs pouches with the correct dosage of Hive Alive added as well as an optimized blend of vitamins & amino acids chosen for bee health. It is available in sealed 1kg/2.2lbs pouches and has a shelf life of 2 years.
When to feed Hive Alive Fondant Patty
Fondant can be fed anytime of the year when supers are not on but is mainly used over winter and in spring when too cold to feed syrup.
Key feeding times are over winter to prevent starvation when there isn’t enough food or the bees are clustered too far away from their stores and in spring when bees are running out of stores or need a boost to get build them up for the year ahead.
For additional information on feeding see the following video -> How to Feed Hive Alive Fondant
Quantity to feed
Feed as needed by the bees. Check hives regularly to see if fondant is being used up and replace with new Hive Alive fondant package as necessary
Why feed HiveAlive Fondant?
Fondant is essential to prevent the starvation of bees over winter and early spring. By placing the fondant directly over the cluster they always have direct access to food. Reasons they would need it are:
- Stores are too far away from the bee cluster. Their stores could be only a frame or two away but if too cold they can’t leave the cluster to access it and hence will starve.
- Ran out of food. This can happen over winter but usually happens in spring when the bees are building up but there is no flow yet. They can very quickly run out of their stores leading to starvation and colony loss.
- Cold snap in spring. The bees have built up and there has been a nectar flow but the weather gets cold again and the bees cannot fly and quickly use up any food they have collected and will very quickly starve if not fed.
- HiveAlive and vitamins and amino acids in the fondant ensure better overwinter survival, improved gut health and optimal bee health.
Single Patty = 1kg/2.2lbs, Case of 15 = 15kg/33lbs
- Correct dose of Hive Alive incorporated.
- Additional vitamins & amino acids added optimized for bee health.
- Safe, produced using enzymatic hydrolysis without the use of acids or heat processing giving no harmful HMF.
- Fondant patty is composed of very fine particle size sugar for enhanced digestion.
- Natural active ingredients.
- Only European, non-GMO ingredients.
- Very thin and flat packaging to allow ease of placement directly on top of colonies over frames or inner cover.
Check out HiveAlive Pollen Protein Patty with 15% pollen / protein is a suitable feed for when brood rearing is needed.
See the HiveAlive website for additional details.