Lyson Optima Honey Extractor – 12 Frame Motorized: This 500mm motor extractor from Lyson can extract 12 medium or shallow frames radially. A bit larger than the 4 frame model, but not as big as a 20 frame, this extractor is the perfect in-between size for the hobbyist with at least a few hives. The frames fit radially, which means they do not need to be flipped during extraction as with the Lyson 2019N 4 frame extractor. The Lyson Optima 12 Frame Honey Extractor can also extract two deep frames tangentially with optional adapters (deep frames must be flipped during extraction).
Frames fit radially so no need to flip them during extraction!
- Can extract 12 medium (6-1/4″), or shallow (5-3/8″) Langstroth frames (2 deep frames may be extracted tangentially with optional adapters)
- Stainless steel drum: 20″ diameter X 24″ tall
- Heavy duty welded stainless steel basket (4 segments, 3 frame per segment)
- Hinged clear Plexiglas covers: Watch the whole process!
- 120V: 1/3 HP variable speed motor
- Stainless steel honey gate
- Adjustable height steel legs with bolt holes for attachment to floor
- Floor to drum clearance of 13″-17″ (assembly required)
- Optional tangential inserts for deep frames. The deep frame inserts allow you to extract four deep frames tangentially.
Radial vs Tangential What is the Difference?
- Frames are parallel with the center of the basket. Only the comb facing outward is extracted.
- Frames must be flipped multiple times to extract both sides and to prevent blowouts where the comb breaks due to the weight of the honey.
- Better for thicker honey as it’s easier for honey to move perpendicular, than to move at a slight angle like that of the radial extractor.
- Frames face the center at a slight angle so comb on both sides can be extracted.
- Frames don’t need to be flipped
For Shipping: Please call or email for a shipping quote.
Includes a 24 month warranty. See Lyson website for additional details.