Lyson Extractor with Motor AZ / Slovenian Layens can be used to extract large frame sizes that other standard size frame extractors cannot.
This motorized extractor was specifically developed to extract frames larger than the standard Langstroth frames. It can extract 4 Layens, 4 AZ/Slovenian frames, or 4 Langstroth deeps/8 mediums at once.
Photo shows a Layen frame in the basket. The frame dimensions are 16″ high, side bar outside width is 13″ and the top bar is 1-1/2″ wide by 14-5/16″ long.
- Tangential, universal wire basket (great for thicker honey)
- 1-1/4″ stainless steel honey gate securely welded to the tank
- 24 gauge stainless steel drum with conical bottom to drain out the extracted honey without the need to tip the drum
Lyson Extractor with Motor AZ / Slovenian Layens Product Specifications:
- Maximum frame size: 18-1/2″ H x 14-1/2″ W x 1-1/2″ D
- Drum Diameter: 25-1/2″ (650mm)
- Drum Height: 23-3/4″
- Overall Drum Height: 37-1/4″
- Clearance below Honey Gate: 13-1/4″
- Rubber pads for bottom of legs included
- Some assembly required
- Unit weight empty: 60 pounds
- 2 year Warranty
- Model number W224BVF
Radial vs Tangential What is the Difference?
- Frames are parallel with the center of the basket.Only the comb facing outward is extracted.
- Frames must be flipped multiple times to extract both sides and to prevent blowouts where the comb breaks due to the weight of the honey.
- Better for thicker honey as it’s easier for honey to move perpendicular, than to move at a slight angle like that of the radial extractor.
- Frames face the center at a slight angle so comb on both sides can be extracted.
- Frames don’t need to be flipped.