Lyson Large Frame Extractor manual crank extractor was specifically developed to extract frames larger than the standard Langstroth frames (maximum frame size: 19″ x 15-3/8″). It can extract 4 Layens, 4 AZ/Slovenian frames, or 4 Langstroth deeps/8 mediums at once.
- Tangential, universal wire basket (great for thicker honey)
- 1-1/4″ stainless steel honey gate securely welded to the tank
- 24 gauge stainless steel drum with conical bottom to drain out the extracted honey without the need to tip the drum
Product Specifications W2027B:
- Drum Diameter: 25-1/2″ (650mm)
- Drum Height: 23-3/4″
- Overall Drum Height: 37-1/4″
- Clearance below Honey Gate: 13-1/4″
- Rubber pads for bottom of legs included
- Some assembly required
- Unit weight empty: 60 pounds
Radial vs Tangential What is the Difference?
- Frames are parallel with the center of the basket. Only the comb facing outward is extracted.
- Frames must be flipped multiple times to extract both sides and to prevent blowouts where the comb breaks due to the weight of the honey.
- Better for thicker honey as it’s easier for honey to move perpendicular, than to move at a slight angle like that of the radial extractor.
- Frames face the center at a slight angle so comb on both sides can be extracted.
- Frames don’t need to be flipped.
- For an accurate freight quote please contact us
- This product comes with a 2 year warranty
This large frame extractor can be motorized with the Lyson add-on motor kit.
See Lyson website for additional details.