#3 Wire Mesh Hardware Cloth 3/8″ is the perfect size to use for mouse guards. The 3/8″ size screen is big enough to allow bees to pass through the openings while carrying pollen and small enough to keep mice out. Comes in a bulk roll 24″ x 36″ for project use (other sizes are available). Can be cut to size using tin snips.
The #3 hardware cloth with 3/8 in. mesh features a square mesh weave and is both lightweight and durable. This is an extremely versatile galvanized hardware cloth that can be used for a number of applications, including animal control, temporary fences, home maintenance, and craft projects. It provides great protection and support for plants, erosion control, and compost containment. Hardware cloth is an economical solution that is easy to install and alter to meet your needs.
Standard 24 in. x 36. in roll (larger custom sized pieces are available from the dropdown menu – call or email if there are any questions).
Wire Mesh Features
- Welded wire fence made from steel
- Features 3/8 in. openings also referred to as #3 wire mesh hardware cloth
- Welded wire is hot dipped galvanized after welding for added strength, durability, and corrosion resistance
- Galvanized hardware cloth is ideal for fencing applications, animal containment, cages, gutter guards, gardening applications, compost bins, crafts, soil sifting and much more
- Lightweight, flexible design makes the roll easy to use for a number of applications
- Wire mesh can be altered to meet your needs
- For fencing applications, use with U-posts or T-posts (sold separately) to complete your project
- Standard 24 in. x 36 in. wire mesh hardware cloth roll for sale, other sizes available on request
Note that this is 3/8″ sized wire mesh and should not be confused with 1/4″ or 1/2″ which is significantly cheaper in your local hardware store. The 3/8″ size is a “specialty” size and is made is smaller quantity runs which make the costs higher. The main difference in this size is that 1/4″ tends to knock pollen off the bees pollen baskets as they they cannot easily fit through the 1/4″ opening and the 1/2″ size is large enough for mice to squeeze through.