Resource hive can streamline the supply of nucleus colonies for sale with the complete double nuc system. Can also be used to increase honey production by using common supers above a queen excluder over both nucs!
Resource Hive / Double Nuc kit includes:
- Divided Bottom Board
- 4 x Four Frame Deep Boxes (unassembled)
- 2 x Inner Covers
- Nail Kit
Overwintered nucleus colonies are an excellent method for Northern beekeepers to minimize their dependence on package bees. Colonies overwinter in 8 frames in a four frame over four frame configuration. The overwintered nucleus colonies we sell are raised in these types of boxes.
There are many advantages of overwintered nucleus colonies!
- Availability in early spring of locally adapted queens and nucs for northern beekeepers
- Less concern about importation of Africanized bees and other pests not found in our local area.
- Overwintered nucs and their queens are “proven” in that they have already survived a winter
- The beekeeper has resources in reserve to expand or replace winter losses
Requires a telescoping cover. All parts of this resource hive kit are unassembled except the bottom board. The 4 frame deep boxes do not have nail holes drilled on the small ends. You will need a total of 16 deep frames and foundation for this setup.
Exact style of boxes and parts may vary from the photos.