Lorobbees Oxalic Acid Vaporizer (OAV) can be used during all months with varied results depending on how much brood you have present in the hive. We have best results with oxalic acid when our colonies are just coming our of winter in early spring and in early winter. We are Chicago based so your treatment schedule may vary.
Lorobbees Oxalic Acid Vaporizer Features:
- On/Off 10A power switch
- Requires 120v outlet for power (extension cord, car inverter, generator)
- Pre-Configured temp controller
- 380W heater element
- 2 Min from 45°F to 450°F
- 45 Seconds per hive treatment
- 5 oxalic acid treatment cups included which hold up to 4g each
- Laser cut aluminum base
- All stainless steel hardware
- 1 year parts warranty-post warranty work available
- Hand made in the U.S.A.!!
Lorobbees Oxalic Acid Vaporizer Usage Instructions:
Whether you are brood less or not the Lorrobbees OAV is a device that is designed to be easy to use but you must not rely once on your success. You should always do a sugar/alcohol wash to check your numbers before determining if you have gotten a good kill. If you are in winter and above 50F And treating preform at least 2 rounds to insure good coverage / mite kill. Treating below 50F has been rumored to force the bees to break cluster and that’s a risk I personally wouldn’t take unless desperate but the goal is to be proactive so you don’t have that high of numbers in fall anyways.